Subject: [Leica] M8 + Summicron 50mm F/2?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:52:59 -0600 (CST)

Ryan,
You can use any software package you want to use.  A good portion of us use
Lightroom or PS CS5 or what ever.  As for the lens, I think this is
referring to the Dual Range Summicron, which has a closeup range when using
the 'Eyes".  Without the Eyes it is OK, but any other 50 Summicron will work
just fine, as will all M lenses and Screw mount lenses with the M adapter.
There are a few odd balls out there, but those are not that readily
available.  Charge the battery and go have some fun.  I would also get one
or two extra batteries.

Cheers,
Gene