Subject: [Leica] New M8 + cold fingers + nighttime = a tough first day
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:33:08 -0600 (CST)

Ryan,

As for seeing the viewfinder, yes contacts work fine, but I use my glasses
these days.  i don't really have any problems with them.  Yes you have to
look to the side when using the wide angle lenses, but for your 50, you
should have zero problems seeing the 50 mm frame lines, even the 35 and 24
lines should be easily viewable.

As for setting the Iso , just push the 'SET' button and use the dial/arrow
control to set the value you want and then push 'SET' again, and away you go.

The rangefinder camera is a different animal from the DSLR you are used to
so be patient and you will get used it in no time.

Nice first set of photos by the way.

Gene