Subject: [Leica] 90mm APO-Summicron-M ASPH Price Range?
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:15:25 -0500

On Feb 02, 2012 at 01:10 AM +0000, J. Newell wrote:
>I am trying to figure out what the range for used 90/2 APO-Summicron
>ASPH lenses is. I know there are a fair number of variables (condition,
>box, 6-bit coding, etc.). A local dealer had one that sold very quickly
>for mid-US$4k. I am not finding any others with dealers, so comparative
>price information is hard to find.

I've seen very few of these for sale over the last year or so.  For a
while I was looking for one, with the 2009 era prices stuck in my head
($1600-2000), but clearly those prices weren't appropriate for 2010,
when I was looking.  I ended up with a 75 Summilux instead.  And in the
year since, I've barely seen a 90 APO for sale.  I'm guessing
$3500-whatever over MSRP people are willing to pay.