Subject: [Leica] D800/E
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 20:40:57 +1030

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Chris Crawford
<chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com> wrote:
> I wonder if the lenses made for 35mm bodies are even sharp enough for this
> much resolution. The 24mp D3x and the 22mp Canon 5DII and EOS 1DsIII are
> already capable of recording more resolution than the lenses can give.

There are plenty of good enough lenses.  We've become used to
relatively cheap lenses producing good images, but they won't on a
sensor like this.  Focus also becomes a really big issue.  You really
need to be focusing exactly where you want to or you see the softness.

Marty

Message from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] D800/E)