Subject: [Leica] D800/E
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 20:17:00 +0000 (UTC)

Two things...

First, I suppose it's not impossible that the price of used D700s will
remain stable or possibly even increase after a short market hiatus, if
demand for full-frame Nikon DSLRs increases overall?? That's
counter-intuitive and at best wild speculation.? More substantively...

Second, the "E" version is a fascinating acknowledgement of different
photographic needs and the use (or non-use?) of technology to serve those
needs, as stated in the Nikon sales lit:

The ultimate attention to detail ? the D800E

Nikon engineers have developed a unique alternative for those seeking the
ultimate in definition. The D800E incorporates an optical filter with all
the anti-aliasing properties removed in order to facilitate the sharpest
images possible.
This is an ideal tool for photographers who can control light, distance and
their subjects to the degree where they can mitigate the occurrence of
moir?. Aside from the optical filter, all functions and features are the
same as on the D800.

Note: The D800E carries an increased possibility that moir? and false color
will appear, compared to the D800. IR cut and antireflective coating
properties of the optical filter remain the same with both versions.