Subject: [Leica] leica m10
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:33:46 -0800

Doug:

I remember the AX well.  I was shooting RTXII and RTX with those really
great Contax T* Lenses.

I was drawn to the AX but a (name omitted) Leica tech told me that the AX,
while a dream to use, was twitchy and prone to repair issues.

I bought an RX, which was, I believe, the best overall Contax out there.
Never, ever had a problem - except when I disbelieved the Focus Assist light
and manually adjusted focus.  Alway off focus when I did that.

Obey the Light!!!

Conceptually, I always felt the AX'  time had come, but they couldn't seem
to make it bullet-proof like the RX.

My entire RX kit was stolen which bumped me into a and R8 and R9 with the
70-180 APO and 28-90Asph.  What a kit that was!

But my eyes wimped out on me and I caved and bout t5D Mkll.

But imagine a 5D Mklll with an autofocus body?

Bob

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages at comcast.net

On Feb 7, 2012, at 10:49 AM, wildlightphoto at earthlink.net wrote:

> mehrdad wrote:
>

> do you remember the contax ax? it is very possible
> <<<
>
> Possible but not practical.  Plays havoc with floating elements and
> tri-elmars, and absent a much thicker body would have a useful range only
> with shorter lenses.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj
> <jayanand at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Autofocus!
>> Cheers
>> Jayanand
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On 08-Feb-2012, at 12:06 AM, mehrdad <msadat at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> it seems that the new m digital is around the corner (sep/oct), what
>> shall
>>> we expect after three years and 8k price?
>>>

>>> i for one do need the following
>>>

>>> 1) image stabilization built in to the body (they can licsnce this
>>> technology  from sony, thier old partner)
>>> 2) much better buffer and more frames per second
>>> 3) shooting movies with m (not for me)
>>> 4) fuji x10/pro like view finder
>>> 5) better battery life and better battery
>>> 6) 36 meg is now the norm, so something close
>>> 7) a built in 1.4x magnifier, that u can use at will