Subject: [Leica] Here you go: M10 Sensor
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 23:04:35 -0800

Dalsa sensor are in all the new PhaseOne IQ series backs I think.

My P45+ back uses a Kodak sensor I believe. The Dalsa sensor came later.
>From what I understand, the Dalsa sensor is not so great at long exposures
( I think about a minute is all you can get with the highest end Phase 180
IQ). The Kodak can go an hour (though there is some dark frame post
processing being done).

The Kodak has pixels that are 6.8x6.8 microns; 13.8% larger than the
Dalsa's 6x6. The difference is that the smaller 6x6 creates greater
problems at the edges of wide angles.

Though I don't think the lack of longer exposure makes much of a difference
to Leica users; the wide angle abberations do. It was a big issue with the
new PhaseOne IQ backs when they first came out. CaptureOne had to develop a
special software fix (Lens Caste Correction - Technical Wide Angle); never
as good as not having the problem at all...
MFBob