Subject: [Leica] Film development ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:24:25 -0500

The problem with sponges and the reason why many including me started to
forgo them by the mid 80's is if there is a piece of grit on your figure you
can feel it and you don't drag it down your whole lengh of your strip of
film. If its on a sponge you don't feel it and its a disaster.
Your fingers can get the excess water off. Its not like  you are squeegeeing
something dry.
If you've used the right amount of photo Flo and your water is not too
terrible you'd be doing ok with some water sheeting down your negs. Just get
rid of most of it with your first two fingers. Of either hand.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/