Subject: [Leica] Film development ?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:32:04 -0600

On Feb 13, 2012, at 4:53 PM, Herbert Kanner wrote:

> I'd try that before bothering with distilled water.

I have developed my own film since 1960.
Over the decades I tried, squeegee, chamois, fingers, et al;
all of which at one time or another left a scratch (or other "things") on
the film.

I have a dust free, stainless steel film drying cabinet;
as well as filters on hot and cold water;
and a temperature regulator;
with a 5" dial thermometer on it.

A distilled water, photoflo rinse solved all water mark and/or scratch
problems.
And with distilled water on hand for mixing chemicals
was never a problem to get hold of.

Obviously many variables of water quality, filter changes, and other
conditions
come into play in this matter.

YMMV

Regards,