Subject: [Leica] Adobe Special Pricing
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:36:54 -0600

On Feb 14, 2012, at 4:59 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I love it on a list such as this with people owning tens of thousands of
> dollars worth of rarified German camera gear and moving a lot of money gear
> wise back and forth who don't want to spend more than in effect $99 on
> their
> in effect darkroom. And this actually might mean lifting a pinky finger to
> finish an image they've made with camera gear many a pro would kill for.
> For two decades now Photoshop has been the basic tool for anyone doing
> anything in digital photography. You get a digital camera you get a copy of
> Photoshop. Kids instead of going out for recess in school stayed inside and
> played with Photoshop filling the rooms they have filled with Macs.
> Then it got harder to pirate copies and upgrades much of this died down.
> Any photographer I ever knew we'd meet for lunch the first topic which came
> up was what the latest things we've been doing in Photoshop. Easier and
> better ways to do things with our pix. A better sharpening scheme. A better
> way to make selections. You name it.
> Its a bit ironic to see it come to this.
> People buying an image sorting database and calling it Photoshop.
> People bunching Elements and Photoshop into the same category.
>
> My advice would be to sell a few bodies and lenses you don't really need
> and
> be a big boy and buy a real copy of the new Photoshop CS5.
> A thing any kid would do if they had the money.

I have used Photoshop since its first release.
Bought every upgrade up to present CS5.
I have used Lightroom since its first beta release;
and currently run the latest version.

I consider myself an experienced photographer,
darkroom technician,
and digital post production processor;
who has worked, at one time or another,
in just about every RAW processor that has come out.

I would not want to be without either Lightroom or Photoshop.
Though without question 90% of the digital post processing I do
gets done in Lightroom.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com