Subject: [Leica] The final gasp of MF film?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:14:14 -0500

Unfortuanly people see the thread title and think that medium format film
production could all of a sudden somehow be in danger when all it is
generalized eBayitus.
We need to get our eyes off the eBay screen and on our own photographic
work. Is the volume of film cameras traded back and forth on eBay higher or
lower now with almost no work being done with them and they are reduced to
collectors pieces? I could care less. If it was I'm sure medium format which
represents a very small percentage of that would be very very low as well.
For every 100,000 35mm cameras made a MF camera was made. If that.
The amount of serious photography nowadays done with film is way smaller
than any of those historic percentages. And amounts to nothing of any
consequence.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/