Subject: [Leica] IMG: Scanning With an Epson 2450
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 01:59:52 -0500

To me learning to work with a scanner was like learning to work in the
darkroom. The first several times I was in a darkroom the results I got were
pretty poor. Same with scanning.

Henri Cartier Bresson said something like "your first 50,000 pictures may
not come out so well".
This to me makes a lot more sense than "the decisive moment" which he really
didn't even say.
This to me is profound. Not "the decisive moment".

I'm saying if we worked with the scanner every day or several times a week
as the months go by we feel really good about that fact that we see our work
improve.
If we could waltz in and crank out an on the money result the first or
second time in I think it would not even be that rewarding. Too easy.

Almost all my early scans have long ago been trashed.
I'm embarrassed about the fact that I showed them to people.
But its a brave new world an exciting time to be involved with photography.
We're all just winging it playing it by ear trying to figure it all out.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/R_amp_N+with+VueScan+on+Epson.jpg.htm>