Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Cub
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:07:48 -0600

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at
lighttube.net>wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> As an Aero Engineer, I knew how they flew, but needed to learn to control
> it myself.  I simply chose the most reliable and least expensive way to
> meet my goal.  I had just under 40 hours in that machine when I landed for
> my check ride.  And I passed.  That was in 1958.
>

> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Wajsman" <photo at
> frozenlight.eu>

I've flown in all sorts of aircraft, but the cub was the most pleasurable
of all.    I remember that we were up to shoot aerials of the first Baton
Rouge State Fair, and the wind was blowing steady.

We had the door off and it was not all that rough, so I asked the pilot to
slow the thing down.  He turned her into the wind, and we just about
stopped (relative to the ground speed.)   He said it could be flown
backwards if the wind was steady enough.

What a fun day!

--
Regards,

Sonny