Subject: [Leica] Kodak to support film.
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:30:52 -0800

The problem, as the Economists article mentioned, is that Kodak kept having
this "bar the barbarians at the gate" attitude. If they embraced digital
more fully, they may not be in the predicament they are in now.

Heck, even 2 years ago, their turnaround strategy was to concentrate on
inkjet printing (I think they hired an ex-HP guy). Really? When the market
is dominated by Epson, Canon, and HP, how could they make a play?

Well, it's easy to play armchair quarterback, so we can always throw
touchdown on hindsight, but to drive a 150,000 people company down to the
ground....