Subject: [Leica] Leap Night II
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:32:28 -0800

Mark, this is an amazing shot.  Digital sensors do not have reciprocity
failure, as far as I know.   The difference, I would bet, is mainly because
of the differences between the retina and a sensor in low light.  The color
was not seen by you because when it is fairly dark, the eye is basically a
monocolor sensor.  The cone cells are not working well and you see with the
rod cells, that are only B&W, so to speak.  Like a dog.  But the camera
sensor can sense the color and it will show up.  Like taking moonbow photos
of a waterfall.  It will appear to your eye to  have not color and not be
worth taking, but to the camera, either digital or film, it will have color,
just like a "real" rainbow.

No matter, the shot is just magical to look at.   It was a nice find, even
if you did not know what you were looking at at the time.  An experienced
eye saw the patterns and textures and the sensor saw the color.

Aram

Elbow's braced on stone fence.

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leap Night II)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leap Night II)