Subject: [Leica] (IMG) More film scans - Beckton
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 04:45:55 -0500

Look at a picture of a Mamiya seven and or hold one in your hands.
Does it take your breath away?
DO you really think its the same class of classic product as the classic
Hasselblad superwide?
If so you should please run out and buy one; make some pictures with it.
The Mamiya 7 was a clucky piece of garbage.
It reeks with "second-rate mechanical quality." a Rockwell quote.
I hate to see it mentioned in the same paragraph as a Hasselblad superwide.
A camera used to make countless iconic images by countless top
photographers. Commercial and street both.

The Biogon in the Mamiya 7 has more elements in it than the Biogon in the
Hasselblad and that's a deal breaker?  Quite funny.
To think all these images made for so many decades could have been better!
I really don't think anybody believes that. That haven't so far. The images
blown up as big as a wall speaks for themselves.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/