Subject: [Leica] S2 vs. 645D
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:24:08 -0600

That's
not true, larger American cars are well made, reliable, comfortable cars.
I've owned several midsize and fullsize GM and Ford cars, and none had any
reliability problems, despite my abuse of them. They were good cars.

This is a common truth, as American manufacturers can't seem to make  a
smaller car profitably. While folks will pay a premium for a Prius, they
won't pay Nissan prices for a Ford. Is that because the Detroit
manufacturers can't do it? Or is is because they have turned the market off
because of their year of turning out unreliable crap.

I used to take all my cars to a small local filling station for basic
service. It's now closed, the owner said the EPA put him out of business. He
reasoned that all the emission controls had made cars more reliable and
didn?t
require regular tune-ups.