Subject: [Leica] S2 vs. 645D
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 13:26:14 -0500

On Mar 05, 2012 at 12:29 AM -0500, Chris Crawford wrote:
>American-made small cars really are pieces of shit. They ride rough,
>banging the heck out of the driver and passengers if you hit a bump, which
>is uncomfortable for anyone, but especially for frail old women. They're
>also unsafe if you get in a wreck with someone in a truck or SUV, and they
>tend to be poorly made, low quality cars.

To be honest, I think the newer Ford Focuses are really nice.
Particularly the 2012 model year.  You get quite a lot of features for a
decent price, and 40 MPG.  Decent room too.

My Mini is way more fun to drive, but for a longer trip, I'd take
girlfriend's 3 year old Focus any day of the week.  It gets better
mileage, has a more comfortable suspension, more comfortable seats (for
long periods of time), a more forgiving shifter and clutch, and more
room for people in the back.

You are dead in either of them if you get hit by an Expedition.  Note,
I'm not an American car apologist.  I can barely remember the last
American made car my parents had growing up (that was 30 years ago), and
I personally have never owned one.  However, my current car is getting
up there in the miles, and the new Focus and Fiesta are looking pretty
nice.  (The new Fusion looks to be a pretty decent car too, but too big
for my needs.)

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] S2 vs. 645D (cars))
Message from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] S2 vs. 645D)