Subject: [Leica] crash safety (was Re: S2 vs. 645D)
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 18:24:41 +0000 (GMT)

All cars are dangerous for one reason or another. Big heavy 4x4s are far
more likely to have a crash in the first place since they have less grip
than a car anyway, partly because of weight partly because of crude
suspension (usually) and partly since they are fitted with lower grip tyres
so they pass the rollover test despite their higher centre of gravity. Small
cars are less likely to have an accident but if something heavy ploughs into
them it will almost certainly do more damage.
It is best not to worry, since there is nothing you can do about it!
FD