Subject: [Leica] ipad3
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:22:58 -0600

On Mar 8, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> It could be I'm being a bit of a luddite unnecessarily. But I've seen very
> few iPads in the starbucks around Columbia university and NYU. Like  zero.
> The kids seem to think the net books have a lot more functionality.

Students are generally required to run specific software for specific
classes.

> I saw one in a starbucks in a Barnes and noble on the upper west side.
> Then another in the same place. One once on a subway. And they've been out
> for not a short while. With different brands even.

Cook revealed that, "[Apple] sold more iPads in the last quarter of last
year,
than any PC maker sold of their PCs." 15.4 million were sold in 2011 Q4
alone.

> Like a keyboard maybe.

Keyboards are available for the iPad in many flavors.

> Me I'm not going to go buy an iPhone then go out again and buy an  ipad.
> I want all my I's in the same pod.

And that's just fine Mark.

Regards,
George Lottermoser