Subject: [Leica] ipad3
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 12:21:18 -0600

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 8, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> It could be I'm being a bit of a luddite unnecessarily. But I've seen very
> few iPads in the starbucks around Columbia university and NYU. Like  zero.
> I saw one in a starbucks in a Barnes and noble on the upper west side.
> Then another in the same place. One once on a subway. And they've been out
> for not a short while. With different brands even.
> The kids seem to think the net books have a lot more functionality.
> Like a keyboard maybe.

I work at a university, in the library building, btw, and kids do use
laptops, very few use net books as they are simply c rippled smaller laptops
that cost about the same as laptops.

Those who can afford it have iPads as well.  More used for entertainment
than work, just yet , but I'd say iPads number in the hundreds on our
campus.  I think that will increase when word processing power and the
ability to do power points are commonly available.

Laptops have full wireless, full Microsoft word, and can go easily to the
databases and other electronic resources they need.

> And the kids are bloody geniuses. I'm impressed by  them.
> I want to switch to their breakfast cereal.

Frosty flakes, in my experience

> You guys laughed when I said an iPad should be an iPhone.
> It should be a big iPhone.
>
> Then some company started making pad which had a phone in them and they
> started selling like hotcakes.
>
> Me I'm not going to go buy an iPhone then go out again and buy an  ipad.
> I want all my I's in the same pod.
> --

They are two different animals.  Sometimes it is nice to have two i's. And
two eyes. And two different animals, like a torti and a tabbie.  They look
similar, but do different jobs.

SonC

Replies: Reply from ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] ipad3)