Subject: [Leica] S2 vs. 645D sensor
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:52:50 -0700

Someone wrote a review of the S2 and claims that it and the Pentax 645D
share the same sensor. Being smarter than I was when I made similar comment
here, I mentioned that the sensors are different dimensions and I asked are
there real evidence that they are the same sensor or at least share the
same technology. Here's the reply:

***
Kodak removed the specs of the sensor when the S2 was released so customers
could not get the information, but supposedly the sensors in the two
cameras are from the same generation and share the same technology. It is
definitely a Kodak sensor--KAF 37500.

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Image_...hotography.htm<http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Image_Sensor_Solutions/KODAK_CCD_Image_Sensors_Power_New_Cameras_for_Professional_Photography.htm>
&&&&

Does anyone know if the S2 has microlens ala M9 or is that deemed not
necessary?

Thread here:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/35511-multi-part-leica-s2-review.html

--