Subject: [Leica] S2 vs. 645D sensor
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:06:58 -0700

Firmware makes a difference but from all Medium Format digital back users,
the story is pretty much that any of the back has sufficient quality for
most mortals.

The difference mainly is from ISO (most goes up to ISO 800), long exposure
(some backs stop at around 32s, some go for 1 hour+) and dynamic range
(which is much greater than 35mm and below sensors, even a back from 2005
would have 10-11 stops of dynamic range, the latest claims 12 stop).

Of course, whenever Leica enters the picture, then you have the lens
quality and the ergonomic factor as well.