Subject: [Leica] S2 vs. 645D sensor
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 00:02:27 -0700

I was just referring that to rearrange a particular sensor technology, i.e.
the S2 sensor and put it in a different dimensions does not require "too
much" work. It's a matter of rearranging the pixels and hooking the support
circuitry in different places. My guess is that sensors are implemented as
grids, e.g. may be a "pack" of X*Y pixels and the readout circuitry for the
pack. So it should be a matter of rearranging the packs.

Truth be told, I like the 24x66 (or 1:2.6) format the best :-)

2:3 is OK, but practically look slight pano'ish to me. 4/3 is better in
that sense.