Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica? Higher ISO
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:01:47 -0400

Leica has been always been caught in the bottleneck of making exquisite
glass for a format too small to really see it.
The Leitz Zeiss comparison always came down to that.
The quality you'd get from Zeiss was going to be way better becuae they made
it for medium format. You'd suspect it was close. But you can't compare a
medium format lens directly to a 35mm format lens. You have have to look at
the results. A transparency or matching prints.

Now Leica is out of that constrained situation.
And can now rule.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/