Subject: [Leica] Interior environmental shots, what lens?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 07:22:01 -0700

If a tripod is too .. restricted, heavy, awkward, or otherwise not
happening, there is 1 more trick.... and the cost is downright cheap.....

The purpose of a tripod/monopod is to hold the camera steady.  A tripod does
this in 3 axis, a monopod in 1.  1 is better than none......

Go to your local hardware store and buy 5-6 feet of very light weight chain.
The stuff that goes into repairing windows ( NOT capitalized) is perfect.
Buy a 1/4x20 short length eye bolt.  You may or may not need a plain vanilla
key ring as well..... depends on your chain
Attach one end of chain to eye bolt....

For use:
Screw in eye bolt to camera tripod location.
Drop Chain to floor.
Step on chain.
Pull UP on camera till chain is taut.

Voila... instant anti-Tripod.....

Great in museums, churches, etc. where tripods are "not convenient".

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I will probably bring a tripod. Not clear whether I can use it or not. We
will see.

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Interior environmental shots, what lens?)
Message from mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope) ([Leica] Interior environmental shots, what lens?)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Interior environmental shots, what lens?)