Subject: [Leica] Fuji X-Pro1 - Jim
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:07:49 +0530
References: <CB8E5666.1BE10%mark@rabinergroup.com> <2BBB21AF-7960-49E1-9B95-47DE8BDEA91D@sfr.fr> <9D97D2F99EB74C06A5AC7F84802E54EF@jimnichols> <4F2A9217-20C4-4011-96BE-45D49A9803DD@sfr.fr> <205D28E6551A44F5BDF5CE55C9694FED@jimnichols> <CAFfkXxudenC2E=PCpASAGNvYbaaK-DGj5Beh3YpqGHqegTPkOQ@mail.gmail.com> <4446212D260347A1BB923747BDDDA0AD@jimnichols> <CAFfkXxuQrsTZfM4x9jEFpqNR3TQR4WN16SxN-FUGpWsXzFs_fg@mail.gmail.com>

It is still considered a part of the parent's duty to fully educate their
offspring here in India (I am talking lower middle class and above here).
Of course, there is some self preservation involved, as it is still
considered a part of the offspring's duty to look after the parents in
their old age. My parents in law have always stayed with me, and my parents
with my brother - and they have done so for the past 20-25 years. The old
joint family systems have not noticeably broken down as yet, though in
urban India it is starting to happen.

As far as the USA is concerned, it is my considered view that the only
bubble that has not collapsed yet is in education - both in terms of
affordability, and the sheer weight of student loan debt that has no chance
of being repaid.

Cheers
Jayanand