Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica?
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:57:02 -0400

On Mar 22, 2012 at 02:04 PM -0400, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>"Disadvantages" is word.  A word which would be right at home in a poem or a
>book report.
>"Photography" is a visual art. Its does its thing through the medium of
>photographs. Images.
>If my images I make all day are disadvantaged show me an advantaged image.
>That way I can know what I lack. And start saving up money and start a
>letter writing campaign to get what I need.
>Otherwise its just words. And as a photographer my currency is images.

You seem to have no shortage of words.  It sounds like you don't need a
monochrome sensor, which is perfectly fine.  I'd say 99.9% (or more) of
people are better served by a Bayer sensor.  But there are those out
there who would benefit from a monochrome sensor and they know who they
are.

If you are really interested in seeing some pictures (I can't tell from
the patronizing bullshit you wrote above), take a look at any
photography which requires narrow band spectral response.  Like, say the
Hubble.

It's been hashed out several times on this list that a monochrome sensor
gains you some sensitivity, higher resolution, and freedom from color
moire.  The higher resolution thing can be important particularly when
you are using narrow band filters.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] B&W Leica?)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] B&W Leica?)