Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica?
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:30:07 -0400

On Mar 22, 2012 at 03:18 PM -0400, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>How about a landscape or a portrait?

This is certainly outdated, but here's some pics:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/kodak-760m.shtml

This is more recent:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/achromatic.shtml

Another thing that has been mentioned is that instead of a Bayer array
over the pixels, you could instead put an alternating array of clear and
ND filters.  The resolution should be about the same as Bayer cameras,
but depending on the strength of the ND filter, you could expand
capturable scene dynamic range by a meaningful amount.

>How about one of your pix?

I'm not sure I'd buy a monochrome only camera for photography.  I would
for work though.  As most of my stuff is shot on film right now, I don't
see how my photography has any bearing on whether or not there is a
market for a monochrome stills camera.

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] B&W Leica?)