Subject: [Leica] 75 Summilux a Big Thankyou
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:14:38 -0700

2 lenses that are special because of their max aperture... the 50 Noctilux
and 75 Summilux have shot up in value since the onslaught of the M8/M9.
My cut on this has always been that the new Leica buyers just want the
"best".  What is "better" than these 2?

The fact that they are special only because they open up so widely, and at
that aperture are a real challenge to focus is lost on these
nouveau-Leicaists.

My surprise is that there are not a lot of sales of these 2 lenses from
users that never could figure out how to focus them..... and subsequent
lower prices from their frustrations...

Now about that M10...... and dumping prices on the M9.....after all, it will
not be the "newest" and therefore not  the "best".....

Now selling in the $5.3-5.8K range, used......  ( which is only a 20%
discount from new, $7K  price)

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

\
On Mar 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM -0700, Kay Yang wrote:
>Congratulates on your decision. However, the timing cannot be worse
>because the 75 lux prices have just gone up at least 20% after Steve Huff's
review.

This lens's prices have been on the rise before the Steve Huff review.
It's been a very popular lens a on a couple of forums for the last year or
so.  I wouldn't be surprised if the review was driven by that, not the other
way around.  I bought mine 1.5 years ago when it was still 'affordable' and
you could tell it would be the next lens where prices got ridiculous in the
very near future.

Replies: Reply from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] 75 Summilux a Big Thankyou)
Message from liangjiyang at gmail.com (Kay Yang) ([Leica] 75 Summilux a Big Thankyou)
Message from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] 75 Summilux a Big Thankyou)