Subject: [Leica] LUG 20th anniversary
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 20:29:09 -0700

Hi Crew,
I have no idea how long I've been part of the LUG, but it has been for a
long long time. I know I screwed-up trying to join until someone straitened
me out and here I've been ever since.:-) I suppose when it comes near the
end of year and we need photos for the YEAR BOOK! :-) Some folks just wish
I'd go away! Trust me that "ain't goin' to happen!" ;-)

In the beginning it's a bunch of people going on about Leica cameras and
gear, sometimes forever! :-) But then all of a sudden the topic changes to
important things in life.... FINE SINGLE MALT SCOTCH! ;-) Or cars and life
itself!

But the most important of all? It's a family to many, some folks have joined
and left with hardly a whisper and totally missed the essence of this
incredible group of understanding folks brought together by the good graces
of Brian Reid. Certainly when he opened the door and invited us to join him
in a common bond with a camera, the Leica!

In this group we have enjoyed the wonderful successes of many, be it in
photography or other life moments. The arrival of children and grand
children. The loss of a LUGGITE or a family member even though we may never
have had the honour of a meet and greet.

One of the truly great things? Meeting face to face and shaking hands in
friendship with honour! Oh sure we've had the odd bad ass totally out of
hand misfit, but quickly and quietly dealt with by our wonderful saloon
keeper!! :-)

Sure the Leica camera is and was the stalwart of the LUG, always will be!
Simply because as long  as there are members who are as old as many of us
are becoming? The "old part" is just a number some days. OTHERS?
And have used them in our work or fun-time picture taking, the LUG will be a
place of honour, respect and understanding by men and women who enjoy our
wonderful association with photography!

To Brian at this special time in my life. I thank you for this wonderful
human being connection one onto another with so many friends, whether face
to face or screen to screen. Indeed a great privilege of being part of an
international family of friends.

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] LUG 20th anniversary)