Subject: [Leica] NEX-7 vs. M9 comparison
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 00:27:40 -0700

Since neither is close to what I get from M9 pictures, something must have
been done differently.

As mentioned before, test parameters have to be normalized to all possible
extents.
Were both shot RAW? Leica does not do jpegs well; I have no idea about the
NEX cameras, but I have to assume they do better. This has little to do with
ultimate image quality as in camera jpegs are never the best you can get out
of a camera even with minimal post processing.
I mention this as I am quite sure that the one on the left is Leica, but
that is a really bad M9 picture, and not at all representative of the 90AA
on the M9.

In any case, whatever the methodology, use the camera(s) you have to take
pictures you like. Most are so good now that the technical qualities are
less and less important, and the one that is 'best' is the one that best
suits you.

Henning