Subject: [Leica] Hong Kong Rugby 7's - pipe bands - a colonial legacy
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:04:28 +0800

Hello Luggers,
I am recovering today from an overdose of rugby. In the old days when I was
less heart smart and still drinking I would also be recovering from too much
beer. But in that regard others have taken my place as you can image.
I have over 1000 pictures to plough through so the blood and gore of the
matches will have to be shown a bit later.
Hong Kong did well in the beginning but suffered from a red card 30 seconds
into their last match. Canada did better and won their division.
At half time on Sunday there is a March Pass of teams and officials led by
three pipe bands - a legacy of 140 years of British rule which never fails
to move me whether in Malaysia or Singapore or here in Hong Kong. In all
those places the pipe bands skirl on. I don't know from personal experience
about India and Pakistan and Sri Lanka but I suspect they are there as well.

Here is a small folder of marching shots, taken from the second level of
Hong Kong stadium (no drinking in the stands) with the GH2 and the 100 - 300
zoom (my safari outfit). All shots were processed in CS5 and most have been
cropped by about half.

Please enjoy and look large.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Rugby+7s+2012/

http://tinyurl.com/75rw7ws