Subject: [Leica] LUG 20th anniversary
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:08:57 -0400

On Mar 26, 2012, at 16:57, Brian Reid wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, the digest form doesn't work.
>
> In my opinion, the best way to deal with the LUG is to use a mail program
> that knows how to do threading. Gmail does it really well; so do Mac Mail,
> Thunderbird, and probably others.

A long time ago when the Internet was slow (can you spell UUCP?), there were
mail programs that could 'undigestify' mail digests and it sort of made
sense to have mail digests. Now days, every respectable email program can
handle threading and filtering so there is no reason I can think of for
digest modes.

I forget when I signed up for the LUG, probably in the early 1990's. I do
remember Ken Iisaka telling me about it when he was a student at Ottawa U
and I was working at Bell-Northern Research.

Thanks, Brian, for keeping the servers running. It can be such a pain when
the stupid S/W misbehaves.

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell) ([Leica] LUG 20th anniversary)