Subject: [Leica] retro focus…
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 09:35:28 +1000

Steve it is very likely worthwhile to have your lens adjusted to the newest
standards for M8/9. Obviously this lens is very much worth some TLC. You
could get a CLA at the same time ;-)
Focus shift is certainly a characteristic that you need to take into
account in use but that doesn't invalidate correct adjustment.
If you do have your M9 adjusted at the same time they can compare where
each component lies within its tolerances in case it is possible to tweak
either for absolute best compatibility. Within tolerance is within
tolerance of course and every properly adjusted body should work properly
with every properly adjusted lens. Nevertheless I know that the Solms
people can and do make extra efforts to refine adjustments further. In the
immortal words of the Solms technician who checked my 50 and 75 with my M8
upgrade "Your lenses are good! We can make them better"

I have no personal experience with NJ but you can of course deal directly
with Solms if you choose.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman