Subject: [Leica] Fwd: 60mm Macro on Fuji X Pro 1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 22:27:06 -0400

People would like to think they can spend chump change on a consumer product
which will save them 6 grand on the price of an M9. That's what happens in
the Twilight Zone.   Not on planet real earth life where mainly about
getting what you pay for. There is no free lunch. A Chevy is not a Mercedes.
Both are cars. Both have four wheels. After that the similarities are few.

And when a premium lens company in Germany hires a Japanese film to make a
line of  consumer priced lenses using cheaper materials and production
techniques the product is not "just as good" as their own product costing
thousands not hundreds made back in Germany. There's just no way in the real
world a thing like this is going to happen. Not by luck. Not by fate. Not by
a hole in the time warp. Not by a close out sale at Wal-Mart. You want
Zeiss? Pay for it. And I can recommend it. As I can recommend Leica.

--
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/