Subject: [Leica] Hypothetical... M10 B+W.. Would you buy one?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:38:33 -0500
References: <CA+yJO1B9NB3NitJiascUuhHtTqOCEoyJZ9ew8HWk1VBkL98Axw@mail.gmail.com> <CBA0B8F2.1C90D%mark@rabinergroup.com> <04b001cd11e5$3920db50$ab6291f0$@earthlink.net> <CABmfTOVxSyDtX+AkEN4Se-ZX4FhZVcmAGTVFwEE=C9V0ZQ=f0A@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxsPuMAfrk985V1+SG1up_8XbZjJvD2kUCPyW3sxEOY1vg@mail.gmail.com> <CABmfTOUkppoF8KYaNEj8Qgmc4eCrL5AQT7vuUQduk07=2o7QNQ@mail.gmail.com> <2F71E0C09D6E4CA4ABF6DE684EB24738@billHP> <CAF8hL-GW0-wDq0P3NLvTEnCHVC_i4x2DbpCSW5bZvxMmV3_=fA@mail.gmail.com> <D8863F38568248D9899464CA68AF457E@syneticfeba505>

Well, if one had 640 million tax free (unfortunately removing some
incentive to give to charity) and could buy up tax-free municipal bonds
(I know they're risky) at a modest 2%, then you have $12,800,000 every
year.  That is approximately 430 $30,000 camera outfits, or better yet
nice wine (a 25-year supply if you gave your friends the cheap stuff,
say, a second or third).   But the reality is that you would probably
have multiple winners, who thought PBR was pretty good, and wind up with
just a third of that.  Life is not fair.  I know I was disappointed that
my 10 tickets didn't hit.

Ken

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Hypothetical... M10 B+W.. Would you buy one?)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Hypothetical... M10 B+W.. Would you buy one?)