Subject: [Leica] Panorama with Fuji X-Pro 1
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:10:12 +0530

My first impressions are that it is a very usable camera, very close to
what I had been waiting and hoping for, an autofocus Leica M - if Leica had
come out with such an animal, I would have bought a body and new lenses,
but it is too late for them now! I am just getting used to the ergonomics,
which I find comfortable, no real complaints. As I mentioned, I find the
18mm and 35mm pretty good, and the body is very responsive, and there is no
discernible shutter lag (my pet hate with compacts). I have not shot in the
field with the 60mm as yet, but found, when just fooling around with it,
that the focusing and response is noticeably slower. The results are
stellar, though, as can be seen from Howard 's efforts..

The only irritant I have stumbled upon, in my albeit very limited use to
date, is not being able to set a minimum shutter speed in the Auto ISO
function - which I noticed is there in the X100, and I expect will be
corrected in a firmware update. I have yet to go through the manual and set
the camera up to my shooting style - which I plan to do so this afternoon,
and then take it for a spin on the streets of Chennai tomorrow morning.

Here are a couple of more grab shots - straight from the camera jpg, with
no post processing whatsoever, just downsized for the net. Both are taken
with the 18mm lens, which is the one I had on most of the time.

The first one is of Howard & myself inside the park, taken by my wife
Neela, who is no photographer - she just points & shoots. It has handled
difficult light quite well:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/People/Ranthambhore_20120402_1209.jpg.html

The second is Howard & Esther Cummer killing time waiting for a tigress to
show herself - a typical scene in our wildlife parks. Howard, as you can
see, is all set to shoot tigers with a Fuji X100! :

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/People/Ranthambhore_20120406_1296.jpg.html

Cheers
Jayanand

Message from gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Panorama with Fuji X-Pro 1)