Subject: [Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 08:35:01 -0700

No M9 here, but I have wondered that IF I convinced my wife to allow me to
get a M9, would I sell the M8 or use it as a backup?

I use my M6 as a backup now to my M8....

As a traveler, and a Leica M user, it is hard and terribly expensive if it
is possible at all to replace or augment the M8 with a locally bought camera
in some random location in the world.  If I were a Brand N or C user, it
might be a bit expensive, but not impossible..
So my feeling is to always carry a backup to my M.   As a backup, does it
need to be digital?

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?

Factors:
- M9 is still $5K to $6, and will start going down its devaluation curve
- M8 is likely at the bottom of its devaluation curve, with mint units at
$2.5K
- M8 is still a darned fine camera, and I still have a whack of UV/IR
filters

Has anyone gone from M9 back to an M8? What were your reasons?

Vick

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?)