Subject: [Leica] Eggleston
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 12:29:03 -0600

Lew Schwartz wrote:
>Any idea what "utilized a new color printing process allowing for
>high-quality reproductions" refers to?

Not exactly but I've seen it referred to as pigment prints using digital
technology.  The prints are really large -- I read they were 40x60 inches.
 The original editions were done with the now obsolete dye transfer
process, which was used mostly for commercial printing in the past.  I'm
not sure how the new prints could have a richer gamut than the old ones,
considering the superb reputation of dye transfer.  More here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dye-transfer_process

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE