Subject: [Leica] The BEST Happy Birthday LUG pictures ever.
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:00:40 -0700

I will translate: while the latest LUG server is fairly new, using last
gen's server chips from Intel, Brian will probably need to replace it
because of the hard drive technology used. Instead of providing worry-free
operation, "hardware RAID" turns out to be A Bad Idea.

The newest technology uses SSD, basically the same tech used in flash
memory so it's solid, fast and "will not break" comparing to any spinning
disk thingie. It also cost quite a bit more. 10 times faster though. Can
you imagine taking your pictures 10 times faster?! 1/125 at F16 becomes
1/1250 at F16. Cool.

We write so much that Brian needs to buy "gaggles" of disks to store our
precious writing, a gaggle is like a flock, except they don't fly. I rcmmd
tht w sv spc frm nw n by skppng ll th wls.

Or we can just say - "what you wrote there? LUG archive #4781243. Mark
Rabiner has already written the subject to death with far more eloquence
than you can imagine. So stop wasting hard drive space!"

Hmmm, that could have been LUG Archive #91.2454.28. I should stop N