Subject: [Leica] Responding to Archived Messages
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:46:51 -0700

Jim:  Actually, it did thread with your previous message, though not with
the original.

For reasons that I'd rather not get into, I don't get LUG email.  I use
the Web interface.  When I want to respond to a message, I paste it into a
text editor (in my case, TextPad, but any plain text editor will do.).  I
have a simple macro that adds the quote marks to the beginning of each
line.  Then I write my response above.  Then I past the entire reply, with
quoted lines, into a new message.

Then--and this may be the crucial thing--I past the original message's
subject line into my subject line.  If it doesn't already have "Re:" at
the beginning, I add that.

This is a bit labor-intensive, which is probably why I don't reply as much
as I ought to.  But it works, and it usually "threads" properly, though
not always.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Responding to Archived Messages)