Subject: [Leica] Third party M to X adapter
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:35:01 -0500

On Apr 18, 2012, at 1:25 PM, Phil Swango wrote:

> My thoughts too, George.  I have a nice little adapter for my Oly Pen
> EPL-1.  It works great but is inconvenient for anything other than just
> fooling around.  The lens on the Oly is fine for my needs anyway.  But
> I wouldn't rule out the possibility of using some Leica glass for a special
> project now and then.

Absolutely!
I love "playing" with all the body/lens possibilities;
always have.
Even before digital I hung the 'blad on the linhof for movements, etc.
I have adapters to hang just about anything on the 5D.
I can hang the 5D, R8 and M8 w/visoflex on the Cambo Ultima.
I can put R lenses on the M
and
M lenses on the R
all great fun.

Yet when serious, frustration free, work needs doing;
it's "system" congruence all the way.

I'd love to hear from anyone who can weigh in on
the brightness and usability of the 5D III view finder
with manual R glass.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com