Subject: [Leica] Nikon D800E vs D800
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:23:52 -0400

I saw that article too. The difference between the two was subtle. I used
to have a Kodak 14n, a fullframe 14mp camera made by Kodak using a Nikon
body. It had no AA filter, like the D800E. I currently have a Canon
5DmkII, which has an AA filter. The Kodak camera's images look sharper to
me. The 5DmkII images have a lot more detail, but the images look
'softer', even when sharpened. I suspect that means the Canon has a pretty
strong AA filter, while the D800 probably has a weak one, since the D800
shots do not look much different than D800E shots.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook