Subject: [Leica] Nikon D800E vs. D800
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 21:26:21 -0400

There would be a tradeoff between using software for sharpening if there was
an anti aliasing filter and if there was not then anti Moir? software.
The question would be which one leaves you better off.
My gut feeling tells me it would be best to leave it off and use an M9 or
D800E and use anti Moir? software when needed.
As I cant even name the software let along heard of seen stories or results
of how effective it is I cant be sure. But I'm assuming they've got it under
control.

I have heard repeatedly on the lug over the years that just because there is
no anti aliasing filter it does not exclude use of unsharp mask altogether.
It just makes it much less necessary. One has to pay attention to ones
images.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/