Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wearing his opinions
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:23:37 -0500

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM, George Lottermoser <imagist3 at mac.com>
wrote:

> <
http://www.gonzalescannon.com/jim-cunninghamgrin-acres/story/2010/04/idea-fake-vietnam-veterans-gets-my-craw

> <
http://alterdestiny.blogspot.com/2009/04/spitting-on-vietnam-vets-myth.html>

To the issue of the number of Vietnam Vets who have passed away, you must
remember that while the earliest recruits and draftees are now in their
late sixties, many of the Officers and Non-coms were older  guys.

They were also Korea and WWII Vets.   My father, with three tours in
country is a good example.  His skills were C-130 related, so he went to
Tan Son Nhut Air Base near Saigon in the sixties.

However, in 1944, he was stationed at a B-17 base in Southeastern England.

When my father passed away, he had been retired from the USAF for thirty
years after serving thirty years and in three wars.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/