Subject: [Leica] IMG: Fruit Vendor
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 14:53:49 -0700

Tina Manley SHOWED:

 > One from 1977 that I developed myself in Iran.  It had a big orange
> chemical stain on the top that is still slightly visible.  I tried
> desaturating and cloning what I could.  It's much better than it was.  Any
> suggestions for getting rid of it completely?

> Worth working with or not?

Hi Tina,

If you hadn't said anything about "a stain?" I doubt anyone would've noticed
it. But then every screen is different. ERGO? the stain maybe seen on some
screens more so than another. Or not even seen at all.

Bottom line? If it is so slight and you feel you've taken it out as much as
possible without making the changes obvious?  Don't say anything about it.
It's never use a "negative thought" triggering the observer to have negative
thoughts, when if they knew not of your concerns. They'd have become raving
accolades about how wonderful the photo is! :-) Add a word of negativism and
that's what the viewer begins to look for! And your beautiful photo becomes
a "second rate image!"  Always be positive, never any negative vibes at all!

Heck if you feel any are there? Keep quiet and let the viewer find it on
their own. Then if they should bring it up? Explain it as delicately as
possible, but still trying to use positive wording as much as you can! Well
that is unless you know in your heart it is truly a piece of crap and you
should've dumped it in file 13 in the first place! ;-) But you let your
"shooting image emotions" over ride your photographic common sense. Then
threw away 2 hours fiddling the print to make something out if it, when
in-reality it wasn't worth it in the first place........ :-(

HOWEVER? WE HAVE ALL DONE THAT ALLOWING EMOTIONS OF SHOOTING THE MOMENT TAKE
OVER OUR GUT FEELING COMMON SENSE!" Then blown hours trying to make
something out of what was a kind of sows ear. Then shed a tear and dumped
it. :-(

However? if someone brings up the subject?  Then explain and ask for
assistance as you did.

But this photo itself is far from being a sow's ear with all the subjects
and action going on it's strong action content holds the eyes attention
without wandering all over the sky area "where maybe??" A stain or slight
off colour might be noticed?

So endth the lesson for today! ;-)
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)