Subject: [Leica] Leica Monochrome
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 15:36:07 +1000

Fair go guys!  How did discussion of new Leica products get taken over by
an Occupy LUG movement?
I respect people's personal circumstances of course but in my view these
socio/political discussions don't belong in this open forum.

Leica Camera announced some new products that are expensive and will only
sell to a niche market.
That ought to be a very familiar scenarion to all and despite whatever
economic conditions recently Leica Camera has done better than for many
years and is selling everything that they can make. In the case of M lenses
especially, into a long waiting list too.

I'm unlikely to buy any M Monochrom but I can certainly see the appeal to
dedicated photographers such as Tina.
The new APO Summicron ASPH is a remarkable achievement too and yes the
price is very high indeed.
I'm looking forward to what their advances will mean for the next
generation M as well. Some may have noticed that Leica Camera has booked a
much larger area for the coming Photokina this time. I doubt that we've
heard of all of their new products announcements for 2012 yet either.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (chris williams) ([Leica] Leica Monochrome)