Subject: [Leica] Product lineup
From: charcot at comcast.net (charcot)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:33:11 -0600

  Ernie "ludite" Nitka here:  Leica's lineup is confusing to me.  They
are making world class , super fast lenses as if we were still shooting
film and at the same time making advances in ISO on their digital
bodies.  So what is the purpose of a 21/2.4 on a monochrome camera with
ISO of 10K ( assuming that usable iso is 2-3K).  It is rather mute as I
can't afford the new , fast lenses even though I still shoot film.

If I were Leica I'd go back to f/2.5 lineup that was afordable and would
mate up fine with higher iso M9.

en

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Product lineup)
Reply from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Product lineup)