Subject: [Leica] Leica Monochrome
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 03:21:06 -0400

I get more grandiose, big picture "solutions" for my current situation
than I do advice on what to do next week.
I don't have a car, I don't have anything but my photo gear, computer,
clothes and a bicycle.
I wouldn't be in a bind if I had A JOB. If I had a job that allowed me
to travel overseas then I wouldn't have a problem at all, now would I?
I'm not dismissing it at all but I'd like some actual advice on how to
move someplace where I have no job, land on my feet and then be handed
a job. If I make the effort to move overseas where these jobs are, it
will take me close to a decade to save up enough money for a trip to
this magical place.
I have a friend out in Ridgefield, Washington who has a room that he
will allow me to live in indefinitely. The problem is getting there.
Then the problem is feeding myself because the Portland area has a
pretty high unemployment rate.
Telling someone who can carry most everything they own on a bicycle to
just up and move is a bit myopic (or maybe the exact opposite),
somewhat insensitive and irresponsible, in my opinion.

Phil Forrest

--
http://philipforrestphoto.wordpress.com/
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/philforrest